(I hope this guy doesn’t fall asleep at his HOF induction.)
5. Dylan Steigers, Eastern Oregon Conference football player, dies after collision during scrimmage. The Oregonian chronicles the events that lead to the untimely death of a collegiate football player after an apparent head injury. This situation once again brings to light safety concerns in football and sports in general.
4. End is near for Griffey and the Mariners. Larry Larue of the Tacoma News Tribune explains why Ken Griffey, Jr. falling asleep in the Mariner’s clubhouse during a game is just a sign of a great career coming to an end.
3. Texans Cushing tested positive for hCG. John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reports that Texans linebacker Brian Cushing was suspended for using the same banned substance as Manny Ramirez.
2. How to break in a new glove. Jim Caple of ESPN.com shows how major leaguers are adopting new methods for getting a glove ready for the field. Please don’t let the kids use the microwave, though.
1. Westminster Christian lacrosse team shows that sportsmanship is alive. Robert Cohen of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch tells the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
Until next time…
Be a Good Sport!